|pieces chicken (6 drumsticks and 6 thighs)||12|
|smoked paprika||1 tsp.|
|plain yogurt||1 cup|
|lemon juice||1 tbsp.|
|coarse black pepper||1 tsp.|
|ground cinnamon||1 tsp.|
|ground cumin||2 tsps.|
|minced ginger||1 tsp.|
|ground cayenne pepper||1 tsp.|
|minced garlic||1 tbsp.|
|Thai chili paste||1 tbsp.|
|slices raw onions (separated into rings)||3|
Tandoori Chicken is considered to be one of India’s national dishes. Traditionally, the chicken was baked in a tandoor clay oven used for baking naan bread and so its name was derived from this.
Directions for Preparing Tandoori Chicken
- Put the yogurt and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add the spices, garlic and the chili paste to the lemon and yogurt, then whisk until smooth and thick.
- Place the drumsticks and thighs in separate resealable plastic bags.
- Pour half of the marinade in each bag of chicken and seal shut.
- Massage the bags of chicken until all the meat is well coated with the marinade.
- Let out any air from the bags and refrigerate for twenty four (24:00) hours, turning the bags occasionally during this time.
- Place aluminum foil inside a large roasting pan and lay a rack over it to allow air to circulate.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the bags and place the pieces onto the rack.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for thirty (0:30) minutes, then turn the pieces over and bake for fifteen (0:15) minutes until the meat is charred a little.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken rest in the hot oven for twenty (0:20) minutes.
- Remove the pan and put the chicken onto a serving platter.
- Garnish the Tandoori Chicken with onion and lemon slices before serving.
Indian cuisine encompasses a wide variety of regional and traditional cuisines, often depending on a particular state. Staple foods of Indian cuisine include pearl millet, rice, whole wheat flour, and a variety of lentils, such as masoor, toor, urad, and mong.
[amazon_link asins=’B00CQLJESK’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’national_foods-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’19d46bc0-03dc-11e8-b332-6926f2e84f11′]