|skinless boneless chicken breast||1 lb.|
|dark rum||½ cup|
|corn oil||4 cups|
|Worcestershire sauce||¼ cup|
|lime or lemon juice||½ cup|
|minced garlic||½ cup|
|Garlic powder||3 tbsps.|
|adobo seasoning||1 tsp.|
|onion powder||1 tsp.|
|ground black pepper||1 tsp.|
|all-purpose flour||3 cups|
|ground coriander||1 tsp.|
|packets (0.18 oz.) of dried achiote and coriander seasoning||2|
Chicharonnes de Pollo or fried chicken chunks is a tasty meal that is quite popular in the Dominican Republic. This fried chicken dish contains rich Spanish flavors as the Dominican Republic was first inhabited by the Spanish. In this country, Chicharrones de Pollo is enjoyed with tostones (fried plantain slices) or rice and beans.
Directions for Preparing Chicharrones de Pollo
- Use a sharp knife to cut the raw chicken breasts into bite sized cubes.
- Create a flavorful marinade for the chicken by combining Worcestershire sauce, lime or lemon juice, rum, minced garlic, onion and garlic powder, black pepper, coriander, adobo and contents of the seasoning packets.
- Immerse the raw chicken cubes in the marinade and mix together with a spoon so all the pieces are coated in the marinade.
- Refrigerate the marinated chicken in a covered bowl for four (4:00) hours.
- Lay the flour in a shallow dish and coat each piece of marinated chicken in flour before frying.
- Pour the corn oil into a large pan and heat to medium high, about 300 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken cubes in small batches, flipping occasionally until golden brown on all sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken cubes from the pot and set them on paper towels to absorb the oil.Serve delicious Chicharonnes de Pollo with rice and beans or hot slices of fried plantain.
[amazon_link asins=’B01AAXQS3Y’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’national_foods-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3ef5b4aa-f80e-11e7-8ea6-7f56da606d6c’][amazon_link asins=’B01M0XZB8A’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’national_foods-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6f89ece0-f80e-11e7-8fe6-d720df35924b’]