National Dish of Japan – Ramen
|chicken breasts (boneless with skin on)||2|
|unsalted butter||1 tbsp.|
|packets of dried ramen noodles||2 (3 oz.)|
|scallions (finely sliced)||½ cup|
|large soft-boiled eggs||2|
|fresh shitake mushroom slices||½ cup|
|Sesame oil||2 tsps.|
|Minced ginger||2 tsps.|
|chicken stock||4 cups|
|Minced garlic||3 tsps.|
|Soy sauce||3 tbsps.|
|Sea salt||1-2 tsps.|
Ramen is a type of noodle soup made with Japanese wheat noodles, which have been prepared in a savory broth and topped with local vegetables, meat, and eggs. And is considered to be one of Japan’s iconic dishes although it is said to be of Chinese origins. It is a versatile dish and varies in the type of meat and vegetables used, as well as the toppings. Ramen is served by itself, without side dishes or condiments.
Directions for Preparing Ramen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Season the chicken breasts with adequate salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the chicken breasts, skin side down first, for about seven (0:07) minutes or until the skin lifts easily from the pan.
- Flip the chicken and let it cook for about five (0:05) minutes on the other side.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and place it into the hot oven.
- Roast the chicken for about twenty (0:20) minutes, until it is cooked through, then set aside.
- Begin making the ramen broth by first sautéing the ginger and garlic in hot sesame oil.
- Add the soy sauce and mirin and cook for one (0:01) minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the lid and let the broth simmer for five (0:05) minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Season the broth with sea salt and let it simmer.
- In a separate saucepan, boil the ramen noodles for about three (0:03) minutes until tender.
- Divide the cooked ramen noodles into four bowls.
- Pour in the hot broth over the noodles.
- Slice the roasted chicken and place into each bowl.
- Slice the eggs into halves and add to the bowls.
- Top with sliced scallions.
- Serve hot.
You May Also Like:
Brunei National dish |Canada National dish | National Dish of Democratic Republic of Congo |National Dish of Germany | National Dish of Dominican Republic | National Dish of Ghana | Jollof Rice Cooked with Coconut Milk | Jollof Rice Cooked with Coconut Milk | How to make Oven Baked Jollof Rice | National Dish of Peru | National Dish of Balearic Islands | National Dish of NORTH KOREA | National Dish of Hungary | National Dish of Andalusia | National Dish of Armenia | National Dish of Ital | National Dish of Croatia | National Dish of Malaysia | National Dish of Antigua & Barbuda| National Dish of Philippines | National Dish of Norway | National Dish of Ireland |