This is a delicious and healthy recipe for Johnny Cake (Bakes/ Float/ Fried Dumplings)! It is very popular in the Caribbean, and is eaten for breakfast with eggs, Salt Fish, cheese, tuna, and fried chicken!
Making Johnny Cake the Healthy Way!
Johnny Cake is dough fried in oil.
Ingredients for making Johnny Cake
1 cup diced Carrot
1cup diced Pumpkin
1 cup diced Sweet Potato
3 1/2 cups of Flour
3 tsps. Baking powder
Dash of salt
Water for blending
Direction for making Johnny Cake dough
- Blend the carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, and eggs with a little water, until liquefied
- Put the flour, Baking powder, salt and 2 cups of the blended mixture in a food processor or mixer and processor dough
- After the dough is properly mix remove it from the food processor/mixer
- Place them in a plastic bag or container for 10 minutes
- Spread some flour on a smooth surface place the dough on it
- With a floured pin roll the dough until it 2” thick
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and fry in a frying pan with the oil
- Turn the bakes frequently to avoid it from burning
- Serve and enjoy
Drop a note let me how your Johnny Cake turned out.
You May Also Like
Brunei National dish |Canada National dish | National Dish of the Democratic Republic of Congo |National Dish of Germany | National Dish of Dominican Republic | National Dish of Ghana | Jollof Rice Cooked with Coconut Milk | How to make Oven Baked Jollof Rice | National Dish of Peru | National Dish of Balearic Islands | National Dish of NORTH KOREA | National Dish of Hungary | National Dish of Andalusia | National Dish of Armenia | National Dish of Ital | National Dish of Croatia | National Dish of Malaysia