Simple Spaghetti with Tomato
Easy to find Ingredients
|Extra-virgin olive oil||4 tbsp.|
|Onion (chopped)||1 small|
|Cloves garlic, crushed and chop||2|
|Small fresh tomatoes, quartered||6-8|
|Dried oregano||1 tbsp.|
|Cooked spaghetti||4-1/2 cups|
|Fresh basil leaves, (chop)||4|
|Fresh basil leaves, for garnishing||4|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper||to taste|
|Finely grated Parmesan, for serving||(Optional)|
This easy Italian Spaghetti with Tomato dish can also be prepared with optional ingredients like cooked shrimp, spicy sausage, or bacon. Although this is not the national dish of Italy, it is widely cooked there.
Directions for Preparing Spaghetti with Tomato
- Cut the tomatoes in halves.
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet (medium heat).
- Add the onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté until softened, for around 1 minute<
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat, until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in butter and chop basil. Add the cooked spaghetti, Season again with salt and pepper, and add oregano.
- cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Taste and season as needed. Spread the Parmesan, and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
Serve and enjoy